Notable Week 10 Nuggets
- RItz’s team is no longer a push over. He is 3-3 in his last six games. He is climbing out of the bottom. GRITTY TEAM.
- This is a random note, but Minnesota has some really touch defenses ahead of it: Dallas, New England, and the New York Jets. Those are three of the top defenses in the NFL. It doesn’t get easier for the Viking offensive players.
- Would people like it if I went back and counted up the various MVPs of the week so we had a running tally?
- I shame others for playing players that are inactive. I need to do the same for myself. I played Ezekiel Elliot and he was inactive. I was too busy looking at wedding shit (yes, playing the pity party card) and before i knew it, it was five o’clock and I got fucked. Shame on me. I hang my head in pure shame.
- Tom McLaughlin is 100% in the playoffs. He is playing for the RJR Memorial Trophy.
- Ritz still clinging to 1%…McGinnity is down to 0%.
- Something to keep in mind…Week 14 is first week of the postseason…and there are six teams on a bye that week. Starting planning now.
- Something to keep mind as well: the tiebreak for the playoffs is points scored.
- Looking at the standings now, of the five teams that have the best chance to make the postseason, I am on the outside looking in. Ronan is on the outside looking in when it comes to record, but if he gets knotted with someone, he has the second most points scored.
- Tom McLaughlin has four games this year with over 150 points scoring. He is the team to beat. We are all chasing him.
- Ronan McClorey 174.12 (Week 8)
- Matthew Buzzi 173.52 (Week 5)
- Tom McLaughlin 173.22 (Week 1)
- Matthew Buzzi 172.7 Week 4)
- Tom McLaughlin 162.74 (Week 8)
- Tom McLaughlin 158.18 (Week 2)
- Ronan McClorey 154.34 (Week 9)
- Tom McLaughlin 152.3 (Week 10)
- Matthew McGinnity 152.28 (Week 5)
- Budget summary for those curious.
- Ritz: $100 FAB left
- McGinnity: $96 FAB left
- Ronan: $90 FAB left
- Tommy: $78 FAB left
- Steve: $75 FAB lef
- Jimmy: $73 FAB left
- Tom: $68 FAB left
- Lobo: $55 FAB lef
- Buzzi: $42 FAB left
- Stanko: $13 FAB left
- Teams on a bye in week 11: Jacksonville Jaguars, Seattle Seahawks, Miami Dolphins, Tamp Bay Buccaneers
- Key Players: Tua Tagovailoa, Tom Brady, Leonard Fournette, Travis Etienne Jr., Kenneth Walk III, Raheem Mostert, Jeff Wilson Jr., Tyreek Hill, Jaylen Waddle, Mike Evans, DK Metcalf, Chris Godwin, Tyler Lockett, Christian Kirk, Mike Gesicki, Tampa Bay Buccaneers D/ST, Miami Dolphins D/ST, Ryan Succop, Jason Myers,
Hardest Schedule Remaining:
- Based On Record:
- Stanko: 18-12 (Tom, Steve, Buzzi)
- Buzzi: 17-13 (Lobo, Tommy, Stanko)
- Lobo: 15-15 (Buzzi, Ritz, Tommy)
- McGinnity: 15-15 (Ronan, Tom, Steve)
- Steve: 15-15 (Tommy, Stanko, McGinnity)
- Tommy: 15-15 (Steve, Buzzi, Lobo)
- Jimmy: 14-16 (Ritz, Ronan, Tom)
- Ritz: 14-16 (Jimmy, Lobo, Ronan)
- Tom: 13-17 (Stanko, McGinnity, Jimmy)
- Ronan: 10-20 (McGinnity, Jimmy, Ritz) <— Literally the three worst teams bast on record/tiebreakers
- Based On Opponents Points Scored
- McGinnity: 3682.32 (Ronan, Tom, Steve)
- Stanko: 3678.98 (Tom, Steve, Buzzi)
- Jimmy: 3556.3 (Ritz, Ronan, Tom)
- Lobo: 3442.86 (Buzzi, Ritz, Tommy)
- Tommy: 3428.46 (Steve, Buzzi, Lobo)
- Buzzi: 3424.2 (Lobo, Tommy, Stanko)
- Ritz: 3422.62 (Jimmy, Lobo, Ronan)
- Steve: 3418.6 (Tommy, Stanko, McGinnity)
- Tom: 3350.98 (Stanko, McGinnity, Jimmy)
- Ronan: 3182.22 (McGinnity, Jimmy, Ritz)
- If Ronan does not make the playoffs..then something bonkers has happened
Average Team Totals Per Week
- Week One: 113.47
- Week Two: 121.29
- Week Three: 103.11 (Least)
- Week Four: 123.08
- Week Five: 121.19
- Week Six: 103.326 (First Week Of Byes)
- Week Seven: 110.51
- Week Eight: 126.35 (Most)
- Week Nine: 120.08
- Week Ten: 110.92
Points Scored Compared To Projected Through Week Nine
- My Glockz Out (+56.76)
- Hotel, Motel, Golladay Inn (+37.2)
- Lights, Kamara, Jackson (+33.76)
- Ek’s Gonna Give It To Ya (+17.83)
- The Bourne Supremacy (-10.33)
- My Own Worst Etiennemy (-11.7)
- Ooooo Jeudy James Jeudy (-58.8)
- Country Roads Take Mahomes (-59.06)
- Dirty Mike And The Boys (-121.52)
- Keke, Coutee Luv Me (-145.46)
Week Ten Matchup Recaps
Dirty Mike And The Boys (104.72) Defeat Ooooo Jeudy James Jeudy (97.26)
Ritz is the embodiment of Dan Campbell. He may not have the most talented roster, and it is often depleted on the offensive end…but when Ritz does have all (or most) his weapons, his team will fight for him and he will come away with a victory. Ritz may be a little lucky this week with a relatively low-scoring 104.72 winning score, but fuck it. You play who is in front of you.
It started off well for Ritz on Sunday morning with Tom Brady scoring his projected point total. Then his running backs came in clutch, and Stefon Diggs got his standard 100+ yards receiving. I wish you could give bonuses for ridiculous catches, because Diggs deserves one alongside Justin Jefferson. Did you see the one-handed on that he made??
Unfortunately, McGinnity can’t pin the blame on Aaron Rodgers this week. The apathetic quarterback scored 19.36 points which is his highest point total of the entire season. Aaron Rodgers doesn’t have a game with 20+ points this season. That is fucking nuts.
For McGinnity, this loss falls squarely on the injury to Cooper Kupp. From Adam Schefter: “Kupp suffered a high-ankle sprain in Sunday’s 27-17 loss to Arizona, and the prognosis “doesn’t sound good,” In a race to not avoid the bottom, this is a blow. McGinnity did have Tyler Boyd on his bed this week, so hopefully he can step in fruitfully.
Another disappointing player for McGinnity was Deebo Samuel. He scored only 6.1 points, and has only 13.0 points over the last two weeks. Those are his only two single-digit scoring outputs of the season as well. Fellow 49er George Kittle scored only 2.6 points, which is his lowest point total for a game he has played this season. His first single-digit scoring output since week five.
McGinnity must have crossed under a latter because the NFC West really game hime a purple nurple.
The MVP of the matchup is Dalvin Cook of the Minnesota Vikings. His third 20+ scoring game of the season was catapulted by 81 yard touchdown run which was fucking HUGE for Ritz and the Vikings as a whole. The Vikings win. Ritz wins. One could say that Ritz got everyone in the pot, stewed them up, cooked up something special and made everyone eat a “W”.
(Really hope you guys got what I was going for there ^^^)
Keke, Coutee Luv Me (105.7) defeats My Own Worst Etiennemy (97.1)
Monday Night Football did not go how Steve planned it. That is for sure.
Jalen Hurts scores his soldi 21.8 points…but I don’t he expected Taylor Heinicke to go off and help Washington score 32 points. Those points hindered the Philadelphia defense he had going, and they scored him 7.0 points. It would not have been enough for the win if the held them to one lesser touchdown, but the Commanders didn’t let the Eagles have any really big plays.
Does the blame for Steve’s loss fall on the shoulders on…his kicker? Daniel Carlson had only two points. The Raiders scored 20 points…what happened? Oh they only attempted two extra points….perhaps it was Josh McDaniel’s embracing his inner former Patriot former self and screwing a New York Jet fan over once again. Steve also got screwed over by New York Giant
Wan’Dale Robinson, who only scored 2.5 points. I can always draw it back to the hate.
James Connor did his thing and enjoyed no Kyler Murray with 22.1 points. Donovan People-Jones of Cleveland (a great pickup by Steve) also had double figures.
Lobo was carried by his bell cows. Josh Allen, even with his horrendous red zone interceptions, still managed to score 19.6 points. Jonathan Taylor looked like. his former self for the first time this season since week one. Taylor had 25.5 points in week one…and 23.3 points this week. In the five games he played in between, Taylor had a combined 37.8 points.
Aaron Jones had a great day because…the Packers ran the ball? What??? What is this?? Jones had his fourth 100+ rushing game of the season. He also scored only his second rushing touchdowns of the season. His first since week two.
Lobo got a bit fucked with Jerry Jeudy getting hurt and leaving the game. His absence, though thought not to be as bad as it looked, still puts the Broncos defense behind the eight ball even further.
I also have to question Lobo as to why he played the Jacksonville defense against Kansas City. They were projected for 2.5 points…and ended with one. It didn’t end up mattering, but that was a conscious decision and that seems odd.
The MVP of this contest Jonathan Taylor. Jeff Saturday comes in and the offensive line palys the best it has in a while. And wow, the Colts are better with a decent quarterback back there in Matt Ryan. Who would have thunk it.
Hotel, Motel, Golladay Inn (121.28) defeats The Bourne Supremacy (109.98)
As I am writing this, Monday night is still yet to happen.
Let me tell you. If Brian Robinson scores more than 11.3 points, I am going to be furious. It is stupidity on my part. If I knew I was going to be busy during the afternoon, I should have played the safe option instead of ruminating on something happening. I made the mistake, and I Have to live and die with it.
FUCKKKKKKKKKKK Brian Robinson Jr. scored 14.6 points. I would have scored 124.78 points. FUCKKKKKKKKKKK.
I would have been nowhere near Tommy if it was not for Justin Fields. 39.38 points. The dude is an absolute menace. Four straight weeks of 23+ points. He is averaging 32.75 points over the last four weeks. He has ran for 555 yards over the last five games, which is the most yards ever for a QB in a five game stretch during the Super Bowl era.
Alas, his Superman performance is much like the Chicago Bears itself. It is not enough to get a win.
Besides Jeff Wilson Jr., the rest of the Bourne Supremacy struggled to muster a fight. I am most disappointed in the Las Vegas Raiders defense. How the fuck can’t you stop a team that was the laughing stock of the entire NFL? The only silver lining of may be that Josh McDaniels may get fired and then get rehired by the Patriots. We could use him as an offensive coordinator.
Now to the winning side.
Mr. Simon essentially scored exactly what was expected of him. Kirk Cousins would have really put myself out of reach if he scored on the quarterback sneak, but instead he ended with 15.48 points. I would really like to see what Cousins would be like without Justin Jefferson.
Should Tommy be worried about Christian McCaffrey? That is a rhetorical question, I know. But still, the fact he was out-snapped Elijah Mitchell in the win against the Los Angeles Chargers has to be a little weird. Nick Chubb was held in check for a smidge, due in large part to the fact that the Cleveland Browns were behind for the majority of the game.
Tommy is also hoping that JuJu Smith-Schuster isn’t too banged up with his concussion.
Tommy got steady play all-around, but his entire team was anchored by the outstanding play of CeeDee Lamb. The Dallas Cowboys wide receiver had his biggest game of the season despite his team losing a game they should have won. It was his first game with over 20 points this season. It was his first game with over 100 yards receiving this season. It was also his first multi-game score of the season.
Yes, CeeDee Lamb gets the MVP award this week.
Ek’s Gonna Give It To Ya (129.34) Defeats Country Roads Take Mahomes (118.74)
Country roads…take me home…out to pasture…my dreams are tattered…just take me home…
Matthew Buzzi gets back into second place and Jimmy Simon takes a tumble in the standings in what was a crucial contest for both. Buzzi was on the snide, losing two straight and three of last four. Last week he lost by .42, this week he survives a Monday night scare.
Lots happening on Monday night. Buzzi had Antonio Gibson going, and Jimmy had Miles Sanders and Terry McLaurin.
Gibson did his thing and surpassed his expectations with 13.8 points. He only had 58 total yards, but he did have a touchdown which saved him. That’s all Buzzi needed. Terry McLaurin benefited a ton from the Commanders offensive exploding. He scored 16.8 points…the most points he scored this season. With that being said. It was not enough. Miles Sanders had only 5.4 points, his fewest points in a week since week five.
I don’t think I realized how little of a threat Miles Sanders is in the passing game. He has zero catches in his last three games after having at least one in his last six.
You look at Jimmy’s lineup, and the only players that “let him down” where Sanders and D’Andre Swift. They combined for 13.1 points, which was less than Gibson on the whole. Jimmy’s 118.74 points as a team marks the third time this season he has lost when scoring over 114+ team points. He has scored in triple figures the last three weeks after not scoring more than 90.72 between weeks Week 5 and Week 7.
Buzzi’s wide receivers came up huge. Massive. Davante Adams, even with his team sucking giant elephant toes, scored 23.1 points. DK Metcalf put up a passable 10.1, but the real MVP was Christian Kirk of the Jacksonville Jaguars, who scored 27.0 points against the Kansas City Chiefs.
But a real question for Buzzi is whether or not he continues to play Justin Herbert, or does he go with Daniel Jones? The Giants quarterback has Detroit next week, while Herbert has Kansas City, which promises to be a shoot out.
My Glockz Out (152.3) defeats Lights, Kamara, Jackson (72.84)
Ronan is feast of famine. He chose to fast before Thanksgiving. This is his lowest scoring output of the season since week one when he lost to Buzzi and scored 88.72 points. Every other week he put up a respectable total. Week 10 was just a weak week for him.
He does have an excuse though. He did have Joe Mixon, Lamar Jackson, and the New England Patriots defense/special teams on a bye. These are three starters that he would for sure be better off with than Russell Wilson and Cordarelle Patterson. The Denver Broncos defense is not a bad play, but 4.0 points is a bit disappointing.
Ronan only had three players get double-digit points. Wilson got exactly what was projected of him. DeAndre Hopkins got 14.8 points and wasn’t hurt too badly by the lack of Kyler Murray. Dare I say, I think the Cardinals actually looked better as a team without Kyler…? No. Too fast for that.
Josh Jacobs also put together 19.5 points in the Raiders terrible effort. But who cares, the Raiders STINK.
Mr. McLaughlin is a monster. He saw that Ronan was the top scorer in the league heading into their matchup…and then he squashed it. He squashed it like a bug.
The quartet of Tua Tagovailoa, Saquon Barkley, Tony Pollard and Justin Jefferson scored 96.5 points. Those four…well you know. It is impressive.
The stock of Tua and Tyreek Hill has been one of the best in the NFL, abut this week it didn’t even matter. Tyreek Hill had only 12.9 points, his third fewest points thus far this season.
I mean, Tom is pulling all the right strings. He started Tyler Higbee who scored 11.3 points after scoring a combined 11.8 in his four games prior.
There is no debate. Justin Jefferson is the MVP for Tom. Not only did he score a team-high 30.3 points. Not only did the Minnesota Vikings win one of the most bonkers game anyone can remember. Justin Jefferson had one of the most insane catches of all-time.
I mean good lord. He wins MVP for his performance, and his entertainment value. This catch is genuinely one of, if not the best catch I have ever seen.
Also, Jefferson holds the record for most games with 100+ receiving yards in his first three seasons. He surpassed Randy Moss and Odell Beckham Jr.
Week Eleven Matchups
Keke Coutee Luv Me (5-5) vs. Ek’s Gonna Give It To Ya (6-4)
Country Roads Take Mahomes (4-6) vs. Dirty Mike And The Boys (3-7)
My Own Worst Etiennemy (4-6) vs. Hotel, Motel, Golladay Inn (6-4)
Lights, Kamara, Jackson (5-5) vs. Ooooo Jeudy James Jeudy (3-7)
My Glockz Out (8-2) vs. The Bourne Supremacy (6-4)
“The plot is unknown at this time.” Director: James MangoldWriters: Jez Butterworth, John-Henry Butterworth, Philip Kaufman, George Lucas, James MangoldStaring: Harrison Ford, Mads Mikkelsen, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Boyd Holbrook, Antonio Banderas, Toby Jones, John Rhys-DaviesRated: TBDRelease Date: June 30, 2023IMDB Here we are. Back with Indy. Back with arguably of the greatest adventure heroes of the […]
Do you know this face? Do you know Matt Turner? Do you know the current goalie for team USA that has two shutouts thus far in the 2022 World Cup? Right now Matt Turner is sitting atop the world and has proved himself as one of the best goalkeepers in the world. Before standing on […]
Last Week: Straight Up: 12-4 (66.67%)Against The Spread: 8-8 (50.0%)Over/Under: 8-8 (50.0%)Mortal Locks: 0-1 (0%) | Tampa Bay Buccaneers -3.5 vs. Cleveland Browns ODDS AS OF THURSDAY, DECEMBER 1ST (8:42 AM) ON BARSTOOL SPORTSBOOK Thursday, November 31st Buffalo Bills (-3.5) vs. New England Patriots Straight Up: Buffalo BillsAgainst The Spread: Buffalo Bills (-3.5)Over/Under: Under 43.5 […]