A new season of The Bachelorette is upon us, and I for one am very excited. The Bachelor In Paradise visage has worn off (well it did over the last three weeks if I am being honest) and now we can get to the bread and butter of the franchise.
Season 18 of the The Bachelorette begins on October 19, so as a bit of a preview, let us work through bios and see who is going to be vying for the heart of Michelle Young.
North Charleston, SC
- So Alec has been married before. We are riding off of the high of Mike A. in Katie’s season, so Alec has some things to live up too.
- We have an “emotional” intelligence line dropped in the bio…
- Alec is a career driven man; maybe a little conceded when you read the bio.
- Alec’s fun facts are neither that much for or interesting? I disagree about the bowing, it can be fun.
Traveling Nurse Recruiter
- Brandon J. is one of four 26 year olds in the cast.
- “Passionate personality to keep up with his.” – Why do we need the “to keep up with his?” part? That doesn’t seem necessary and just makes Brandon J. seem a little conceded?
- Ok Brandon J, guess what? Everyone is trying to figure it out on a daily basis, so why do you think you are so high and mighty.
- So Brandon is a basketball fiend? This is a gimmick contestant who will not make it far.
- Oh, he hopped on stage at a Lil Wayne and Drake concert? So he is a stage hog and is going to try and be the center of attention.
- Brandon K. is a cutie.
- He has in his bio that he wants to make a social impact which is exactly what Michelle had said on Matt’ James season
- Brandon’s bio is a little vague…not a lot to munch on which might be good for him.
- Does anyone actually know the Cha-Cha Slide dance?
- Delivering an over-sized check would be cool but I’d much rather receive one.
- The trend of pro athletes continues with Bryan, the former NFL player. Bryan was a practice squad player who bounced around the Houston Texans, New Orleans Saints, Dallas Cowboys, Kansas City Chiefs, Minnesota Vikings, Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, Miami Dolphins, Carolina Panthers and Atlanta Falcons.
- Throwing in the love for romantic comedies and his older sisters is nice tough, i enjoy that.
- Bryan loving to travel is tough for Michelle who is a teacher, AKA tied down for the majority of the year.
- Loving Socrates is probably unique for a football locker room.
- Thinking that orchids are majestic is something that will be unique among all the men. Bryan has a unique bio, have to give him that.
Advertising Creative Director
Miami Beach, FL
- Would be interested to see what creative projects he has overseen.
- Also preach on finding someone who doesn’t give a shit about documenting everything they do.
- He is big into family…wants kids right away. He is old enough to say that and it isn’t weird.
- So Casey links glamping? He likes camping but not in tents? Is taht really camping?
- Eggs scrambled with salsa seems more west coast than Florida.
- Casey…not a smiler in his photo. Series dude. Getting upset dad vibes?
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- I am so perplexed by the coat, sweatshirt, color combo that Chris G. is wearing
- We have another Canadian. They have had a good run lately with Serena P. carrying the torch.
- UGHHHHH Chris G. does spoken word and poetry and we are going to have to see him do it.
- He has cats so that scores points with my girlfriend. The names of “Cat” and “Small Cat” may lose her though.
West Hollywood, CA
- Chris S. has a very good smolder in his photos. Also the Clark Kent, Superman hair flip.
- Okay, I see now in the bullet points that he mentions the Blue Steel face, so he has now lost more points.
- What commodities does he deal with in Hollywood? Sounds like a shady title.
- Chris, burnt pizza is not bad. Burnt Pizza is perfectly fine.
- Chris has a lot of planning done out; he knows what he likes (or at least portrays it).
Medical Sales Rep
- I like the color of Clayton’s shirt but his headshot looks really photoshopped.
- From MIssouri…that has to be unique for Bachelor Universe.
- Hmmm, directly mentioning joining him in gym for workout. That is one step over looking for someone who is active.
- Clayton relates to Michelle with his mom being a teacher. He also mentioned the students in his bio. Huge pull.
- Of fuck him, he has a rap alter ego.
- Clayton wants to own and run a gym business but he is a medical sales rep?
- Daniel looks like a spider.
- He is a very active man being a firefighter in a big city and all his hobbies.
- Okay, I really like Daniel’s bio. It does not seem too pretentious and it doesn’t end in a question or an exclamation mark.
- Daniel is a connect for champion…do we get connect four challenges in the mansion? Is this season happening in the mansion?
Los Angeles, CA
- Shit. Another wellness coach and public speaker guy. God damnit. I don’t want another Karl.
- “Emotionally articulate…” That is what Edward is looking for. I can’t tell if that is smart or just rude.
- UGH. A freaking obsessed dog person. No demands on the dog person.
- I do not like Edward. That is my take.
- No one should dream of going to Disney World.
- Ok, I’ll admit a good obstacle course is fun. But still not enough to win me over, Edward.
Salt Lake City, UT
- From Utah…is he mormon?
- Sounds like Garrett is from wealth with his world traveling.
- I wonder how Michelle will feel about a school dropout? Even though he did well after the fact.
- Why the fuck would you admit to be called “plant daddy”
Former Army Officer
- Army guy. He immediately gets past week one. Those are the rules.
- Jack enjoys hiking. It really seems like everyone loves hiking from this cast.
- Jack will throw up at the sight of an onion? Does he not like taste?
- I do feel like Michelle would be a good dancer and vibe with it so can’t wait for him to squirm.
- Does Jack arrive in his military garb?
San Diego, CA
- If Jamie is a catch, then why is he still single?
- Me and Jamie would not be friends. He lets the winds carry him meanwhile I am there trying to go with the flow.
- Jamie has never watched an episode of reality TV but he is going to appear on The Bachelorette? That seems odd.
- Will Jamie bring a piece of Ecuadorian chocolate and will he say Michelle is the best piece of chocolate he has ever tasted?
Real Estate Developer
- We have a basketball player here, a D1 player from the University of Minnesota.
- If basketball is his first love then wonder how he has stayed involved with it during the course of his life.
- I respect Joe loving snacks, but that is not a unique thing.
- I wonder how may kids Michelle will want? Being a teacher she has to love kids but she also has to grow tired of them?
- I think I like Joe. I am getting positive vibes and his smile is resonating.
- He falls hard and he falls fast for love. Like many on this show, you have to in order to appear on The Bachelorette.
- JoMarri would love to be a tour guide in Antartica. Not just go there, but lead a tour. That is something unique for sure.
- We have another puppy lover. Brownie points for the majority of folks.
- A second person who wants to own a gym as well. But this one is a personal trainer, unlike Clayton who is not in any business related to gyms or working out.
Biomedical Ph.D Student
- We have a med student on the show? How the hell he is doing that? Just taking a semester off?
- The immigrant story is awesome and now he is studying to do something medical. That is the American Dream. Cant get upset with that.
- This line is really sweet: “Leroy loves brunch, but nothing makes him happier than holding hands with the woman he loves.”
- Leroy does not like the gamble…but will he gamble on love?
- So LT is admitting he has never had struggle and is coasting through life? That sounds FARRR to good to be true. He is a liar.
- I like the watching old movies, that is kind little touch.
- What do Savannah cats look like? They have huge ears. That fits the state of Washington vibe.
- I was going to question Martin’s hair but then I saw that he was from Miami and it all made sense.
- If Martin is a disciplined worker-outer, how will be handle the mansion living? There will be a lot of free time to workout, but the eating, etc.
- They used teaching in his bio and related it to his parents for another call to Michelle and her job.
- Will we get traveling back on this season of The Bachelorette? Random question but a ton of people are talking about traveling, etc.
San Diego, CA
- An Academic Advisor. That has to be at a college or university, right?
- Mollique’s favorite author is Nicholas Sports. That is sappiness so he may be confident in himself. I want to ask Mollique what his thoughts are for the movie?
- Mollique has a son so we have three fathers on the show.
- His morals of “selfless, patient and well-mannered” do fit Michelle very well.
- The blond dyed hair must be a thing and a trend I do not know about.
- I don’t want to be mean. How do you pronounce Nayte’s name?
- HE IS 6’8″??? Jesus is Michelle has the tall man rule then Nayte is all good.
- Nayte’s bio got the teammate line in there for the basketball aspect of Michelle.
- Who doesn’t like edible arrangements?
- I don’t think that Nayte is the only 6 foot 8 inch guy to struggle dancing. That is a lot of limb to control.
- We have a Rutgers basketball alum here.
- There is not a lot of depth to Olumide’s bio which means he either makes it far and he doesn’t get anywhere.
- I can respect an athlete who also enjoys the theater. Have to spread the wealth.
- The shirt Olumide is wearing looks like windbreaker type materials but isn’t a windbreaker so I am confused.
- Neuroscientist. He is smarter than the rest of us. Also, he is just a better soul because he is looking for solutions to Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
- Pardeep also loves Comic-Con so he is a nerd. Pardeep is starting to win my hard.
- Pardeep loves to sleep in on Saturday’s and New York’s Eve. I don’t like ever one of these things.
- Also, I want Pardeep’s outfit is fire. Pardeep is high on my list.
Port St. Joe, FL
- A pizza what? A Pizzapreneur?
- Peter moved to Italy to study cuisine…and he loves Pizza. He looks like an Italian.
- Wanting a culinary empire…that is a way to phrase it.
- Peter fucking loves food. It is his number one priority.
- House music and no libraries? Peter and I would not be friends.
- PJ looks like a movie character. He is the swashbuckling firefighter. He and Daniel will battling it out for the top axe.
- “Nothing lights his fire…” That is a pun that actually made me smirk.
- This is the second person who has said he is the last single friend of his friends group and that worries me about his notifications.
- I don’t like the Opera either PJ. Theater and Broadway is cool. Opera is boring.
Medical Sales Rep
Los Angeles, CA
- Don’t like his eyes. Don’t like his eyebrows. They are scaring me.
- Rick may have won me over because he loves game board nights to see the insights of a person and see how competitive they are. Those are really good things.
- Get the #Swoon out of here.
- GTFO out of here saying you learned everything at Hitch.
- Rick is not a fan of double dates…well he is super duper fucked on The Bachelorette.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Rodney literally looks like a cuddly teddy bear.
- What was Rodney’s career-end injury? The NFL trend continues.
- Interesting that Rodney is looking for a student-athlete. Specific about it.
- Intermittent fasting…will that be effected if he is on dates? That is not a lifestyle for everyone.
New York, NY
- A Romeo is a mathematician. He is smarter than I.
- Ugh, the fucking Romeo and Juliet math formula thing. I get it, you have to do it, but still.
- Nothing turns him on more than someone with a curious mind. I do like that.
- Studying abroad in Japan for three years? That is pretty cool. That is some good culture.
- Romeo looks a good person. Just the smile and look. He looks nice.
San Jose, CA
- Ryan has Jared Carrabis hair.
- Compassionate and competitive. Those two traits I can get behind.
- What is a raisin ranch? Is it literally a ranch for growing raisins? Never heard of such a thing.
- I respect that Ryan is a list maker. I am as well. Also Ryan loves excel spreadsheets, so just kudos all the way around.
- Also Ryan is an enthusiastic cuddler? Ryan and I are very close to one another. We have some things.
Financial Crimes Analyst
- Financial crime analyst seems like an awesome job. One you definitely have to be smart for.
- Spencer has a son! Will it be possible for him to go through the process? Will he be a Hunter or a Michael A.?
- Spencer loves to spend time in a hot tub, so he is going to be PERFECT for The Bachelorette.
- OH SPENCER, YOU HAVE JUST LANDED ON MY SHIT LIST! YOU DON’T LIKE MOVIES THAT REQUINRE ALL OF YOUR ATTENTION?? SPENCER, YOU ARE DEAD TO ME!
- spencer will no longer have his name capitalized. That is my protest.
Grand Rapids, MI
- WTF is an academic interventionist?
- The “tired of being only single one in his group of friends” screams looking for a relationship but not looking for love.
- Will, I love when people give money as a gift. Money is practical.
- Well I am a Leo too but I hate the fact that he put a horoscope on his bullet points.
- Based off what I have read on Will…I do not think he is the type of to climb Mount Everest.
“An homage to Italian director Sergio Corbucci of the 1960s and contemporary director Quentin Tarantino, recounting a memorable period in Italian cinema with the sensibility of today.” Director: Luca ReaWriters: Steve Della Casa, Luca ReaRelease Date: February 1, 2022 Do you know who Sergio Corbucci is? I’ll be honest, a week ago I did not […]
Here we go. It is time to go to the beach. It is time to see if anyone can find in an even more rushed scenario than a traditional Bachelor or Bachelorette season. If we are in the trust true, I enjoy Bachelor In Paradise the least of the three franchises. The first two weeks […]
“Professor Albus Dumbledore must assist Newt Scamander and his partners as Grindelwald begins to lead an army to eliminate all Muggles.” Director: David YatesWriters: J.K. Rowling, Steve KlovesStaring: Jude Law, Mads Mikkelsen, Eddie Redmayne, Ezra Miller, Callum Turner, Dan FoglerRating: PG-13Release Date: April 15, 2022 Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets Of Dumbledore (2022) is the third […]