Creators: Michael Dante DiMartino, Bryan Konietzko
Staring: Zach Tyler, Mae Whitman, Jack De Sena
Alright, yes, I finally saw it. Avatar: The Last Airbender is the favorite TV Show of my girlfriend, and I had always wanted to watch it, so we watched it together. While I wasn’t completely engulfed in it, the show was very entertaining and surprised me with its in-depth storytelling.
Avatar: The Last Airbender blended long-term story telling with short-team fulfillment VERY well. It is funny because of all the main characters, the one I connected with the least was Ang. He acted as a facilitator for many others earning their life experience stripes.
Visually, Avatar: The Last Airbender has some visual moments that are incredible. Like no joke, I was dazzled like I was watching lightsaber battles for the first time.
Overall, I really did enjoy the show. It is one of the best animated shows I have ever seen.
- I think Avatar: The Last Airbender benefited GREATLY from being only three seasons. Not sure if that was the plan from the start, but it allowed for a coherent story from start to finish.
- Alright, this is a basic answer, but Zuko is the best character from the show. However, I think I relate most to Sokka. Him and I have the same sense of humor, and I respect his character growth a ton.
- Let’s be frank, Zuko and Katara are both attractive people by the end of the show.
- HOW THE HELL IS JET DEAD??? This is no joke my biggest gripe with the show; we don’t know when people are dead. I had no idea that Jet died in his farewell episode. I looked at Emma next to me and just asked super confused…”Is he dead?”…and she nodded and I got pissed. THEN, IN THE SEASON TWO FINALE, ANG DIES BUT IT IS SO FAST AND RUSHED THAT NOBDODY NOTICES!
- I thought for sure that Ang was going to die at the end of the show…but he didn’t. It was a very child like ending to the show, and while as an adult I can think of ways I’d alter it, I was reminded that it is a kids show.
- I will be watching The Legend Of Korra eventually.