Director: Cory Finley
Writers: Mike Makowsky, Robert Kolker
Stars: Hugh Jackman, Allison Janney, Ray Romano, Geraldine Viswanathan
Release Date: April 26, 2020
Biggest takeaways from Bad Education:
- Simply put, Bad Education is excellent movie and it is carried by the good Allison Janney and amazing Hugh Jackman. Jackman gives his best performance since Logan (2017).
- The vibe of Bad Education seemed just right. It had the un-glossy sheen of a high school bathroom floor tile that hasn’t been mopped in a few days. The color pallet suits it well.
- Geraldine Viswanathan is also wonderful as the young intrepid reporter who broke the story of the financial crimes. The two movies I have seen her in are this and Blockers (2018), which she was also excellent in. I am excited to see what she does going forward.
- I had no idea the extend of this crime and the magnitude of the money stolen. Really crazy story.
- Can we talk about how good HBO is at their job? They have just released Perry Mason which is a wonderfully dark and beautiful version of Amazon Prime’s Bosch, and a sure to be acclaimed documentary in I’ll Be Gone In The Dark. All praise to the Home Box Office.
- Stanko Rating: A (4.5/5 Stars)