Taylor Swift is a god.
Earlier this week the 11-time Grammy Winner announced a new album called Midnights coming out on October 21st. She made the announcement as she was accepting her award for MTV Video of the Year for her All To Well: The Short Film. The 10 minute masterpiece starring Sadie Sink, Dylan O’Brien and Swift herself is also eligible for the next Academy Awards, and I will be campaigning hard for it.
This week at work, I had the pleasure of working Kelly Keegs‘ On The Other Line show and to my utter delight, she dedicated the entire show to Taylor Swift. After a rather chaotic start (tech that doesn’t work after you test it and it does work makes me hate tech), Kelly got to fawning of Swift and she spoke the truth about how Swift has become a global gravitational pull all onto herself.
Part of Keegs exercise was going through all the albums and picking out Swift’s best songs. This is a literal impossible task. Not even Ethan Hunt would accept this mission.
As a cheat for myself, I went through all the albums and picked out my three favorite songs from each. I did not put a ton of research and time into my choices. Rather I just went with my gut. If I scrolled past the title and felt like I had to have it on the list, then on the list it went. I also went through and picked my favorite bit for one of the three songs I picked for each albums. I loved giving myself more Taylor Swift homework.
Below are my choices. These by no means are the right choices. Everyone is different. Everyone has their reasons. There are the popular songs, then there are the lesser sung.
But have at me. Here are my top three songs from Taylor Swift’s albums.
Taylor Swift (Debut)
- There are moments when I am dangerously too hard on myself. When i was in high school I overthought everything and got in my own head. Invisible reminds me of how I felt during that time.
There’s a fire inside of you…That can’t help but shine through…She’s never gonna see the light…No matter what you do…And all I think about is how to make you think of me…And everything that we could be
- Uh, when I saw this music video, I had a sexual re-awakening. Taylor Swift laying in the bed. From that moment on I knew I liked women with nice legs.
Should’ve Said No
- I mean this in the best way possible. This song is like a child throwing a temper tantrum. I am all here for it. Sometimes you need to just get angry and tell someone off.
Fearless (Taylor’s Version)
- This is the song that got me into Taylor Swift. I have a propensity for songs that tell a story, and this is the one that acted like permanent adhesive glue. It is an all-time banger and will forever be a bar sing-a-long song as well as a Swiftie fan favorite.
- I was in a lot of nonsense romantic drama when I was in high school, and White Horse was there for me every step of the way. Give me the tears. Give me the heartbreak. I’ll even take the dialogue in the middle of the song.
You’re Not Sorry
- No, YOU AREN’T SORRY! What a tear jerker. Stop giving out chances to people who don’t like this song. If they don’t like it than they don’t have a soul.
“And you got your share of secrets, And I’m tired of being last to know”
- Who doesn’t love a good love balled? We are all Taylor Swift fans, so we all do. Enchanted continued the fantastical writing style like Love Story. A fantastic pairing to listen to back-to-back.
- Personal story with this one. I was at the Gillette Stadium concert that she made this music video from. It was fucking awesome. Whenever I hear this song I think of that memory with my sisters.
The Story Of Us
- I mean, it has one of Taylor’s top three lines ever. A song that tells a story of frustration but makes you belt out every word. I till get goosebumps sometimes when I hear…
“I have never heard silence quite this loud“
Red (Taylor’s Version)
All To Well (10 Minute Version)
- This is Taylor’s Magnum Opus. What a masterpiece. It is not often that something the fans clamored for surpasses all expectations. This is storytelling at a mount Olympus level. Just insanity. It is an immediate “add to queue” song.
You kept me like a secret but I kept you like an oath.
- I think Holy Ground started out as underrated, but it has gotten the appreciation it deserves. When the drums kick in, your head is going to start bopping. You’ll catch yourself next time, guarantee you.
- CRIMINALLY UNDERRATED SONG. CRIMINALLY. I will be dancing to this song. I love this song. It is always a bright spot when it comes on (yes, I know that was bad).
- Can a song just be cool? That is what I think Style is. It is just freaking cool. You feel like you are in a place you aren’t qualified to be in when listening to this song.
- This song grew on me a lot as time has gone on. I started out low, but really rose the ranks because I love trying to hit the ridiculously high notes. My girlfriend must hate when I sing this song, but I love pushing the decibel meter.
You Are In Love
- This song has my favorite lyric Taylor has ever written. When you are in love and you can sit in bed, happy, laughing and being yourself, it feels like the lyric below. It helped me realize what I wanted.
Strange look on his face…Pauses, then says “You’re my best friend”…And you knew what it was, he is in love
- When I first heard Dress, I was running in Arizona at like 6 AM and I audibly gasped when I begun to hear the lyrics unfold. So sexual. So hot. BONK on myself.
- I know someone who took this song as their number one pick in a Swift song draft. I think that is crazy, but Getaway Car is still a hit. It deserves to never be skipped and it will help you get through any drive.
I Did Something Bad
- This is just a badass anthem. I almost when with …Are You Ready? just for the opening 10 seconds, but I Did Something Bad is strong through-and-through.
They say I did something bad…Then why’s it feel so good?…They say I did something bad…But why’s it feel so good?…Most fun I ever had…And I’d do it over and over and over again if I could…It just felt so good, good
- Listen, I’ll be honest here. I didn’t love the album Reputation. I was curious about what Taylor would do next. When she released Archer as a single, I was all the way back in. It reinvigorated me.
- I have thought about this as a first dance for when my girlfriend and I get married. She doesn’t know it, but I have thought about it.
And you’ll save all your dirtiest jokes for me…And at every table, I’ll save you a seat, lover
- Heard this song as part of a wedding ceremony lately and it was lovely. Just a fun, upbeat song that has so much optimism behind it. Pater Rings is infections.
- Ohhhhhh boy. If you have ever been involved with a unfaithful relationship, this song hits different.
- The plucks of the strings start you off and then soon you’ll be rethinking about how every relationship you have had connects to where you are now…for better or for worse.
My Tears Ricochet
- The idea of a break-up where you are still there for the person is important for me. I will help out any of my exes if the need it because for better or for worse, they are a big reason why I am today. The bit below…And if I’m dead to you, why are you at the wake…reminds me of how I want to be there even it things didn’t end up well. Simple answer…just don’t be a jerk because things change.
I didn’t have it in myself to go with grace…And you’re the hero flying around, saving face…And if I’m dead to you, why are you at the wake?…Cursing my name, wishing I stayed…Look at how my tears ricochet
- For some reason, the piano on this song hits different. Can’t really explain it. But a heart of glass that Taylor drops…I’d volunteer to be shattered all over the floor by her. Also when she dropped the harmonized Fucked In The Head!
- Sobbing. Uncontrollable sobbing. When I first heard this song, I had to get a new shirt because I had snot on it. I also made me girlfriend sit with me, on my bed, and listen to this song with our eyes closed. She was probably worried, but I was just in deep
“When a good man hurts you, and you know you hurt him too”
‘Tis The Damn Season
- Who hasn’t had the comfortable home partner who you could pick things up with right away?
Also this is just an add on. Kelly talked about the best looks that Taylor Swift has had, and I had an immediate thought.
This performance changed me. When Taylor stares into the camera, she is taking my soul, tying me in a lasso, dragging on a bed of roses, driving me a magical place and allowing me to live in this Eden forever. It is ungodly how good she looks. The legs. The eyes. It is all I need. I am bonking myself.
Who is ready for October 21st?? We will all be waiting for Midnights!!!
Looking at this reflection of “The Big Picture” 2019 Movie Draft, I have seen 167 movies from this year! This is actually the most abundant movie viewing year of my life! How about them apples! This is my 15th reflection on a The Big Picture’s draft. Thus far I have Sean Fennessey has the lead…
“Beaten, battered, and betrayed, John 117 leads the Spartans on a suicide mission to find the Halo and save humanity.” Well we have reached the end. We have reached the Halo finale. Titled “Transcendence”, this ninth and finale episode of a topsy turvy finale brings John face-to-face with his destiny, the Covenant and the fate…
“Follows the key people at an investment bank over a 24-hour period during the early stages of the 2008 financial crisis.” Director: J.C. ChandorWriter: J.C. ChandorStaring: Zachary Quinto, Stanley Tucci, Kevin Spacey, Paul Bettany, Jeremy Irons, Penn Badgley, Simon Baker, Demi MooreRated: RRelease Date: September 29, 2011IMDB “Follows the key people at an investment bank…