Director: David Fincher
Writers: Steven Zaillian, Stieg Larsson
Staring: Daniel Craig, Rooney Mara, Stellan Skarsgård
Release Date: December 21, 2011
When I saw this available on Netflix, the first thing I did was go to YouTube and watch the trailer. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo has one of the best trailers I have ever seen.
But in terms of the movie itself, TGWTDT is propulsive and Rooney Mara is a gravity well. Every scene she is in as Lisbeth Salander makes the movie rotate as fast as it does; Mara is the best part of the movie and makes me with the American version of the trilogy was completed.
- There is a close up of Martin Vanger (Stellan Skarsgård) in the final sequence that’s creepy as all hell. I forgot how quick the final twist comes to fruition. Also the way Vanger talks about how Mikael Blomkvist (Daniel Craig) distrusted his instinct and walked back into the house towards danger is good stuff.
- The rape scene in this movie maybe the worst I have ever seen. What makes it so much more disgusting is when Salander goes back to Bjurman’s (Yorick van Wageningen) apartment and he opens the door like he is a friend. He got what he deserved.
- The last 20 minutes after Martin Vanger blows up does drag a little, but it also cleans up every bit of story leftovers…so I am conflicted. The ending with Salander going on her own again is the fitting final scene.
- Being able to pause TGWTDT and watch it with subtitles is huge leg-up because it helps you remember the names and put faces to the multiple family members thrown at you.
- I didn’t realize this movie got so much awards love, but I am glad it at least won one Oscar for Best Achievement In Film Editing.
Stanko Rating: A- (4.5/5 Stars)
“Stanko’s Stance” Podcast Feed (Apple)
“Stanko’s Stance” Podcast Feed (Spotify)
Stanko Excel Lists | Movies, Books, Podcasts. TV Shows
Stanko Letterdbox Account
2 Comments »