“Blade forms an uneasy alliance with the vampire council in order to combat the Reapers, who are feeding on vampires.”
Director: Guillermo del Toro
Writers: Marv Golfman, Gene Colan, David S. Goyer
Staring: Wesley Snipes, Kris Kristofferson, Ron Perlman, Leonor Varela
Release Date: March 22, 2002
- Well did not know that this movie was made four years after the original. Surprised a bit the audience was still there with the gap.
- In the rewatch, I was surprised with myself that I didn’t enjoy this sequel as much as I remembered. When I first saw the movie, I remember thinking Blade 2 was clearly better than the original; maybe it’s not as much better.
- The best aspect of Blade 2 is the relationship between the Hero and his “gang” hunting down the more dangerous vampires. There are quips and jabs thrown, but the antagonistic nature of (Reinhardt) Ron Perlman makes things worth it.
- This movie is quintessential turn of the century in terms of the disses, barbs, slow-mo and everything like that.
- This movie introduced me, and a lot of people, to Guillermo del Toro.
STANKO RATING: B+ (3.5/5 Stars)