A guy relies on his newly-acquired gladiator skills to save his ex-girlfriend from kidnappers.”
Director: Jason Lei Howden
Writers: Jason Lei Howden
Actors: Daniel Radcliffe, Samara Weaving, Rhys Darby
Release Date: February 28, 2020
Biggest takeaways from Guns Akimbo:
- This movie is not for everyone, but it was for me. Guns Akimbo reminded me of a combination of Nerve (2016), Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (2010), Death Race (2008), and Mayhem (2017).
- Daniel Radcliffe really has a talent for the comedic roles. He was enjoyable in this one as the reluctant loser forced into a crazy situation.
- I am in love with Samara Weaving. It all started with Ready Or Not (2019) but now I see and adore the connections to The Babysitter (2017) and Mayhem. I am all aboard the Weaving train.
- The opening 30 minutes of the movie are arguably the strongest of the entire story. It throws you into the environment of Miles’ (Daniel Radcliffe) story and gives you all the context you need to know whether or not you’ll by into the madness of Guns Akimbo.
- The ending of the movie falls apart a little with a bit too many convenient connections. The movie is not about the plot, but it does detract from the satisfaction. One random little tid-bit that irked me was how the drones of Skizm would appear and disappear whenever convenient.
- For all the violence and blood in this movie, the grossest scene was Miles eating the hot dog.
STANKO RATING: B (4.0/5 Stars)
Stanko Excel Lists | Movies, Books, Podcasts. TV Shows
Stanko Letterdbox Account
“Stanko’s Stance” Podcast Feed (Apple)
“Stanko’s Stance” Podcast Feed (Spotify)
1 Comment »