Miss MeadowsDirector: Karen Leigh HopkinsWriters: Karen Leigh HopkinsActors: Katie Holmes, James Badge Dale, Callan MulveyRelease Date: November 14, 2014 Biggest takeaways from Miss Meadows: I was really expecting more from Miss Meadows. […]
Director: Karen Leigh Hopkins
Writers: Karen Leigh Hopkins
Actors: Katie Holmes, James Badge Dale, Callan Mulvey
Release Date: November 14, 2014
Biggest takeaways from Miss Meadows:
- I was really expecting more from Miss Meadows. I wanted more from this rather original idea. It was like being in a really nice car but with a flat tire; an interesting concept that never got up to full speed.
- The biggest twist in the movie is finding out that Miss Meadows’ mother is actually dead, and those phone calls were to no one in particular. Mother Meadows is played by Jean Smart who I last saw in HBO’s Watchmen, so was happy to see her again.
- They ratcheted up the cheesiness with Callan Mulvey’s character. He is the villain that takes center stage at the movie’s climax and from the get-go they place the BAD GUY label on him. They also make him even more despicable being mean to a dog. Not a way to win over any fans.
- The best scene in the movie comes when Heather sneaks into Miss Meadows’ house and they share a heart-to-heart. We see the fragility of the live Miss Meadows is trying to live through the lens of the conversation.
- The Sheriff (James Badge Dale) is annoying. He is willing to go through some many pot holes to make Miss Meadows happy and appear so innocent in his eyes. I was just annoyed by him, immensly.
- Every single cop in this small town are stupid. I mean come on.
STANKO RATING: D (1.5/5 Stars)