Notable Week 13 Nuggets
- Mike Ritz wins the regular season title as he deserves so. He finished with the most points scored and third fewest roster movies this season. He crushed the draft then he crushed the regular season.
- Uhhh, McGinnity, you good? 54.6 points…total? Not the way one wants to go out.
- Steve Kultzow from the clouds finishes the regular season to win five straight games, finish in third place and second in total points with the 1551.7.
- Steve may be fortunate in some what because he does have the fewest points against him with 1393.3 points. The next fewest is Ritz with 1464.68. Three of the four playoff teams have the fewest points scored against them, the lone outlier being Jimmy Simon who had the third fewest scored against him. Ronan makes the playoffs despite having the second most points scored against him.
- People with the most FAB for the postseason: Steve with $15, Ronan with $19, Stanko with $25, Ritz with $77.
- Brutal that there are four teams with a buy in week 14 and with some fantasy relevant teams: New England Patriots, Indianapolis Colts, Miami Dolphins, Philadelphia Eagles.
- PLEASE PAY ME THE 50 BUCKS FOR THE LEAGUE IF YOU HAVE NOT. I will be sending out Venmo requests today.
The average decision margin for players this year. Their final standings in parenthesis
- Ritz: +17.07 (1st)
- Steve: +10.56 (3rd)
- Stanko: +3.29 (2nd)
- JImmy: +1.37 (7th)
- Ronan: -0.68 (4th)
- Lobo: -2.01 (5th)
- Tommy: -2.32 (9th)
- McLaughlin: -3.39 (6th)
- Buzzi: -10.44 (10th)
- McGinnity: -14.78 (8th)
Brief Playoff Preview
No. 1 Dirty Mike And The Boys vs. No. 4 Now You Ceedee Now You Don’t
- A direct rematch of week 13. It’ll be three straight weeks that Ritz and Ronan would go against one another.
- Ritz won both matchups during the regular season: 134.56-128.0 in week five and 160.02-102.36 in week thirteen.
- In their week five contest Ritz had Derrick Henry and Mike Williams each score over 30 points.
- Cousins had his third lowest scoring output of the season in week five for Ronan with 13.4 points. Austin Ekeler made it close for Ronan with 30.4 points.
- You can read about this past week in the recaps below.
- Ronan has no byes to worry about in week 14 while Ritz does have his kicker Michael Badgley and DeVonta Smith.
No. 2 Deus Ex Mac vs. No. 3 ESPNFAN 12319776
- Steve and I split the regular season matchups. I emerged victorious in week three, 130.64-118.24 but Steve torched me in week 12 by a score of 119.58-73.86.
- My point total in week 12 is the lowest any team had against Steve this season.
- In the week 12 contest I had Jalen Hurts get my only 6.86 points while Aaron Rodgers scored 26.28 against the Los Angeles Rams.
- Rodgers and Antonio Gibson were the two major scorers for him that week as the Football Team’s running back got 20.1 points.
- In week three I was carried by Justin Herbert scoring 30.84 points and Cooper Kupp exploding for 26.1 points. Steve had Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams stack up for more than 40 points, but 2.5 combined points from Rondale Moore and Robert Tonyan derailed him
- My point total in week 12 is the lowest any team had against Steve this season.
- The barstool control room will have some trash talk.
Week 13 Matchup Recap
My Glockz Out (121.42) defeats Jonathan Taylor Thomas Brady (100.52)
Going to be brutally honest with you folks here. Having a hard time finding anything truly interesting to write about for this game. It was a MAJOR long shot for either Tom or Jimmy to make the postseason heading into the week an once it all play doubt, there guys were just playing for style points.
Mr. McLaughlin does deserve a tsk tsk however playing an inactive David Johnson for Houston an I have not received any acknowledgment of his mistakes. However, Justin Jefferson made up for it with 30.1 points. For that he can be the MVP of this matchup. He might be the best wide receiver in the league.
Jimmy has to be shaking his head at the fact he decided to play a Patriots wide receiver in the conditions of Buffalo yesterday.
For Glockz and Jonathan Taylor Thomas Brady, it’s time to Gallup in the consolation bracket because this season went to the Pitts.
Dirty Mike And The Boys (160.02) defeats Now You Ceedee Now You Don’t (102.36)
And the regular season championship belongs the man to truly deserved it, Michael Ritz. He wins the regular season with a 9-5 record and a league-best 1686.64 points, nearly 135 points more than second place.
So George Kittle and Tony Pollard seem like good acquisitions, huh? That is the MVP of this matchup, Mike’s GM skills. Kittle had 35.1 points and Pollard had 14.4 points. Terry McLaurin had only 3.7 points for the Ronan and the Washington Football team. A swindle.
What a huge uplifting thing to get Kyler Murray back if you are Michael Ritz. In his first start since week eight, Murray got 30.82 points for his second 30+ scoring output of the season. If you are Ritz looking forward too, you have Murray against Detroit in week 15, the second week of this first round playoffs. Licking his chops.
For Ronan, the possibility of first place but he is shuffled down to fourth. Dawson Knox dropped a ton of balls during the Monday night game but that would not have been enough. It is his lowest scoring output since week nine when he scored 101.08 points.
Ja’Marr The Merrier (151.6) defeats Team Lobo (103.92)
Tommy Simon awoke from his five game losing streak and decided to crush the playoff hopes of one Mr. Lobo. For the record, he didn’t deserve to make the playoffs never changing his name. He should be ashamed.
This is Tommy’s third highest scoring output of the season and his first 100+ scoring game since week eight when he lost to his brother by three points, 117.8-114.8. T-Si’s huge output came at the behest Dallas Goedert of the Philadelphia Eagles who scored 25.5 points. It was his highest scoring game of the season…he had never had a game with more than 14.1 points. Also, what are the odds that Alexander Mattison was going to get the majority of the carries.
I mean everyone on Tommy’s team just went off and everyone on Lobo’s team underperformed for the most part. Lamar Jackson was way up and down against Pittsburgh and six points under projected. And then there is Myles Gaskin who was nearly eight points under projected.
MVP of this now in hindsight meaningless matchup is Tommy’s self-esteem. He stayed steadfast trying to win in his last week. He stayed competing. We love to see that.
ESPNFAN 12319776 (163.34) defeats Ooooo Jeudy James Jeudy (54.6)
Is this the greatest blowout in Reeeeeem fantasy football history? I think that it might be. A 108.74 margin of victory. Just complete, utter, blatant, domination.
For McGinnity, the only two players to score in double figures in his final regular season game were his kicker Graham Gano. and his quarterback Josh Allen on Monday night. It does not help that Alvin Kamara was still in his lineup (he admitted his mistake so I won’t badger) and then Joe Mixon had his worst game since week three. Adam Thielen got hurt in the first quarter the Ravens defense only got him 1.0 points.
Baltimore played the Pittsburgh Steelers and the one offensive juggernaut for the Black & Gold was Diontae Johnson who had 26.5 points, nearly doubling his projected point total. Steve also has to be ecstatic that his both Elijah Moore got a touchdown and scored 17.6 points to help make up for Cordarelle Patterson falling below his projected.
The MVP of this contest is Steve’s resilience this season and his climb back to near the tippy top. Steve is in the playoff picture and ranks second in the league in points scored with 1551.7 points. This win gives him five in a row and now he is the hottest team entering the postseason.
I’ll say it, I do not want to go up against him in the playoffs right now.
Deus Ex Mac (119.38) defeats Get Mccaffreinated (109.96)
I would personally like to thank Justin Herbert and Cooper Kupp for rekindling their top tier talents and scoring me 48.18 points combined. Those two made up for the fact that James Robinson was benched against Jacksonville and finished with only 2.0 points.
Turning point in this game may have been that Miles Sanders was the bell cow for the Philadelphia Eagles in their new offense and Boston Scott got nothing in the backup role. A couple swings going the other way and it would have put more pressure on Monday.
Once Damien Harris broke that touchdown to the house, I knew I had won my fantasy matchup and I was secured a spot in the playoffs. For that reason, he has to be my MVP for this matchup. I got the come from behind win and the Patriots are in first place in the AC and the AFC East.
Also, this result secured that Buzzi finished the regular season with the worst record in the Reeeeeem at 4-9. After the draft he was projected to finish second. Ouchie mama.
Playoff Round One Matchups (Weeks 14 & 15)
Last Week of the regular season
No. 1 Dirty Mike And The Boys vs. No 4 Now You CeeDee Now You Don’t
No. 2 Deus Ex Mac vs. No. 3 ESPNFan 12319776
No. 5 Team Lobo vs. No. 6 My Glockz Out
No. 7 Jonathan Taylor Thomas Brady vs. No. 8 Ooooo Jeudy James Jeudy
No. 9 Ja’Marr The Merrier vs. No 10 Get McCaffreinated
The Barstool Sports Control Room has gone 5-1 four times this season. Twice it was my fault it lost. Once it was person one, and then this week, it was person three. Four times we have been one game away from a big payday. Absolute pain. True suffering. What is even crazier is that the […]
“Santa’s daughter must take over the family business when her father retires and her brother, who is supposed to inherit the Santa role, gets cold feet.” Director: Marc LawrenceWriter: Marc LawrenceStaring: Anne Kendrick, Shirley MacLaine, Bill Hader, Kingsley Ben-AdirRelease Date: November 12, 2019IMDB T’is the damn season, so let’s dive into some Christmas movies. Noelle […]
Bachelor In Paradise ended in late November, and thank god it did. I’ll say it, 16 episodes is far too much. But with the mission ended and plenty of drama to unpack, it is time to reflect on everyone who took the sandy beaches of Mexico by storm. These are my purely subjective grades on […]