“A man trying to get home to his dog gets stuck in a time loop that forces him to relive a deadly run-in with a cop.” Directors: Travon Free, Martin […]
“A man trying to get home to his dog gets stuck in a time loop that forces him to relive a deadly run-in with a cop.”
Directors: Travon Free, Martin Desmond Roe
Writer: Travon Free
Staring: Joey Bada$$, Andrew Howard, Zaria
Release Date: August 6, 2021
- This movie packs the meanest of punches. If you don’t need to take two deep breathes after watching Two Distant Strangers then you need to check yourself.
- Shout out to Andrew Howard for being super, SUPER evil. So easy to hate him. Howard plays Merk, the racist and evil cop who is the bane of Carter’s (Joey Bada$$’s) existence.
- There is a character in this movie named Corporate Chump. Amazing. Simply amazing.
- Two Distant Strangers won Best Live Action Short at The Oscars and I totally get it. This is a “risky” movie, meaning that it is taking a swing at the hope of making an impact. There is no doubt that Two Distant Strangers make takes its hack and mashes its message out of the park.
- Also the writing is so good. The subtle hint to the broken apartment numbers to then have that come back and be a crux for a later rewind event…good stuff
STANKO RATING: A (4.0/5 Stars)